Mid West Local Enterprise Offices helping businesses to Go Global
Local Enterprise Offices of Clare, Limerick and Tipperary, supported by Enterprise Europe Network, held a very successful export event ‘From Local to Global’ on Thursday June 16th at the Inn at Dromoland. Over 80 businesses were in attendance, including our CEO Niamh Hogan, to discover all they needed to know to start their export journey from local to global.
The evening was hosted by well-known RTÉ Journalist, Technology and Digital Entrepreneur Áine Kerr and provided all the information, connections and resources needed to execute a successful export strategy.
Two panel discussions took place on the night as well as 1-2-1 mentoring with export mentors.
Anne-Marie Neville (export mentor with LEO Clare), Sam Marchetti (Consortiaco) and John Roche (Manager of Enterprise Ireland Italian Office, Milan) participated on the expert panel providing key advice for anyone considering export markets.
Willie Wixted (ABC Nutritionals), David McCarthy (Unison), Patrick Shelley (Origin Spirits Ireland) and Tim Crowe (WRXFLO from NEXUS) participated on the business panel where they shared their experiences, pit-falls and successes from trading internationally.
The event offered businesses key networking opportunities with export support organisations like Irish Exporters Association, InterTrade Ireland and Enterprise Ireland’s Agile/Innovation Department.
If your business is considering, planning or looking to break into international markets, join us at our FREE information session on www.localenterprise.ie/clare or phone 087-4648402.
ADS key takeaways - Helping Businesses to Go Global
Some random thoughts and lessons in no particular order picked up during the export event.
- Who is spending now?
- Who is not in a recession?
- Enterprise Ireland abroad can setup introductions to businesses abroad.
- Be proud of what you’ve accomplished, but what’s the next challenge?
- Be Proactive rather than Reactive
- What is your scale of ambition?
- What is plan B, C & D if plan A doesn’t work?
- What would I do if I weren’t afraid?
- “Owning a Business is a recommitment to suffering everyday”!
- Use Statista to do your research on clusters in Europe
- Know your audience – some prefer you to be direct, some need to get to know you prior to considering doing business.
- Enterprise Europe Network is a great place to start to find collaborators and potential business
- Do your market research prior to market entry.
Agile Digital Strategy - International Digital Marketing Agency
Agile Digital Strategy Ltd is a forward-thinking, fast-paced digital marketing and web design firm that can analyze and adjust aligned tactics to meet your company’s objectives. Our goal is to improve and expand your internet presence.
At Agile Digital Strategy Ltd, we create digital strategies that produce innovative outcomes to help your company’s online presence flourish. To make your business more visible, we use site design, content marketing, social media, and eCommerce SEO.
Agile Digital Strategy Ltd has access to all of the tools necessary to help you get a competitive edge in your field. We take the time to learn about your company so that we can tailor our strategic, creative, and digital thinking to assist you in achieving your objectives.