Keyword Research & Competitor Analysis
Search is the largest provider of organic website traffic. Keyword discovery pinpoints the words, or phrases users type into a search engine relevant to your industry. This is a key component for SEO. Agile Digital Strategy use the best keyword research tools available.
- Identify the Keywords associated with your products/services.
- Analyse the top businesses competing for those keywords
- Investigate search volumes for keywords
- Find additional keywords with similar search volumes and less competition
What you need to provide for Keyword Research & Competitor Analysis:
Provide the selected number of keywords and competitors URL’s to us. If you wish to target international countries, you need to provide the URL and the country you wish to target the keywords for. Please note that each country is considered an additional search.
Keyword Research Process (Detailed Option only):
- ADS will perform advanced keyword research on both keywords and competitors.
- ADS will provide a spreadsheet per keyword and competitor list. The competitor list will show the keywords and ranking that your competitors website is currently ranking for.
- You will provide us with to provide updated spreadsheets – with X in first column (Your Company) for keywords that are suitable and relevant to your business. We need to ensure that the keywords we target are not just going to bring visitors to your site, but to bring quality visitors that have a high chance of converting into customers.
- ADS will then analyse your keywords and group them together with the best keywords to target
- Zoom call to review keywords and groupings (To ensure they are targeting the correct business area)
- ADS will then review your current sitemap & services layout (what pages are on your site) and propose a new sitemap and identify areas where content could be improved
Column descriptions from Keyword & Competitor Spreadsheets:
- Keyword – what the potential customer is typing/saying to Google for searches
- Search Volume is the average volume per month that people use that term to search – approximately based on previous searches.
- Keyword Difficulty – is the difficulty (or more competition) to rank for that term rated from 0 to 100 – higher the number, the more competition for those rankings.
- Position – where the website currently ranks for that keyword term – Google shows approx. 10 per page on search results. i.e. ranking 26 would mean on the 3rd page of search results.
What are Keywords Research?
Keyword research is the practice of researching popular search phrases that people use in search engines like Google and Bing, and strategically incorporating them into your content so that it ranks better in search engine results pages (SERP). In search engine optimization, keyword research is a crucial step (SEO).
What is Competitor Keyword Analysis?
Competitor keyword analysis is the process of determining which keywords your competition ranks highly for in order to produce content that outranks them in search results.
The keywords for which you perform competition research should be relevant to your company and linked to the material you presently produce. If you are a B2B business manufacturing machine parts, you shouldn’t write a blog about the best clothing to wear to the gym.
This research also enables you to determine how tough it will be to outrank a rival that is performing better than you in the SERPs, as well as identify high-return prospects when outranking a competitor for a relevant keyword is not too difficult.
Competitor Keyword Research
How do you conduct competitor keyword research?
First, you need to identify your competitors. Depending on the industry, location, and size of your business, you may have many direct competitors or only a small number. For example, if you are an eCommerce business selling a number of clothing items, you may have certain competitors for different products.
You might have competitors who only sell tops and completely different competitors who sell bottoms. You also may have competitors who sell everything you do.
Identify Target Audience
Identifying your target audience and your competitors is essential to gaining an upper hand in your online marketing. Once your competitors are identified, you can conduct your research to create a list of keywords you feel they may be lacking in their content marketing strategy.
You can then create a strategy to build content around this list of keywords. There should be a mix of keywords with high search volume, low competition, as well as long-tail keywords. Building high quality content should then drive more organic traffic to your website.
Researching the correct keywords that are relevant to your business is essential. You can identify keywords your competitors rank for, ones you can use for SEO, as well as some you can use in Google Ads. Competitive keyword analysis can identify the right ones to use.
Google Ads PPC
Google Ads can be an extremely useful channel to use in your SEO strategy, also. What we have discussed above is only driving organic searches and traffic to your website. This is a long-term strategy using organic keywords. Google Ads uses paid keywords to drive high intent traffic to your site and you can use this keyword research for PPC.
It can be a great way of getting traffic to your business in the short term. You can also use your competitor keyword analysis to target your competitors’ audience and convert them into loyal customers.
eCommerce Keyword Research
Keyword Research for eCommerce enables you to know the volumes of the searches for a variety of products, enabling you to have the data to make informed decisions about which products to stock.